Omaha man sentenced for possession of child pornography
OMAHA, Neb. -- A 40-year-old man receives 36 months of imprisonment for possession of child pornography.
According to the report, 40-year-old Dustin Frank, of Omaha, was sentenced Friday in federal court in Omaha for the possession of child pornography. Frank was sentenced to 36 months of imprisonment.
Officials said there is no parole in the federal system and after his release, Frank will begin his five-year term of supervised release and be required to register as a sex offender. The judge ordered Frank to pay $6,000 in restitution.
The report said in August of 2019, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Child Exploitation and Human Trafficking Task Force received information for a third party that child pornography was found on a computer that Frank had previously borrowed.
Officials said the FBI executed a federal search warrant of Frank's Omaha residence and seized numerous digital devices on November 22, 2019.
According to the report, the search of those devices located 128 unique images of minors under the age of 12 years old engaged in sexually explicit conduct. Some of the images showed toddlers and infants being sexually abused.
Officials said the case was part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice.
The report said this is led by the United States Attorney’s Offices and the Criminal Division's Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section (CEOS), Project Safe Childhood to marshalsfederal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend and prosecute individuals who exploit children via the Internet, as well as to identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, visit www.projectsafechildhood.gov.
The report said this case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation Child Exploitation and Human Trafficking Task Force.