Town hall meeting set on early childhood education
AUBURN - The Nemaha County Future Fund is hosting a public town hall-style discussion on early childhood education in Nemaha County.
The meeting is scheduled Sept. 27 at 5:30 p.m. on the campus of Peru State College at the Performing Arts Center.
Panel speakers include:
- Dr. Michael Evans, Peru State College president
- David Patton, Auburn Public Schools superintendent
- Stephanni Renn, assistant VP of early childhood programs and Sixpence technical assistance specialist
- Jodi-Renee Girón, First Five Nebraska grassroots and outreach advisor
- Kathleen Gallagher, Buffett Early Childhood Institute director of research and evaluation
Brent Comstock of the future fund’s advisory committee said the panel recognizes that communities grow and develop when they have institutions that support young people.
The discussion will focus on challenges and opportunities with early childhood education.
The Nemaha County Future Fund is also hosting a tailgate prior to Nebraska’s home football game against Michigan on Saturday, Sept. 30. The event is at Lincoln’s Haymarket area at the BCom Solutions Offices, 747 O St.