Firefighters respond to deck, vehicle fires
NEBRASKA CITY – Nebraska City firefighters extinguished a deck fire Tuesday at a Fifth Corso residence.
The fire is blamed on a grill and is estimated to have caused $2,500 in damage. The fire was extinguished before it could spread to the residence at 1517 Fifth Corso.
15 firefighters responded Sunday to a gasoline leak from an old pickup truck on 11th Street. There was no fire and the department advised the owner to seek repairs.
Nebraska City provided mutual aid to Fremont County on Saturday when a fire was reported in a vehicle on Highway 2.