Electrocution Victim Taken to Nebraska City Hospital
NEBRASKA CITY – Nebraska City Fire and Rescue were assisted by Nebraska City Utilities Monday after responding to a report of man electrocuted near the Fareway parking lot .
A worker for Ace Sign Displays out of Sioux City, Neb., was taken to CHI Health St. Mary’s.
Fire Chief Rob Schreiner said a new Fareway sign was being lifted by cable and the cable made contact with an electrical transmission line that connects to the hospital.
The worker was on the ground, touching the sign when the contact was made. The extent of his injuries have not been released.
Nebraska City Utilities placed insulating tubes on the wire as electricity was maintained to the hospital.
Sign installers were then able to move the cable away from the electrical wires.